In order to make your experience with us as beneficial as possible, please consider a few things to ensure that you have enough information before deciding to become a volunteer.
- Think about what you aim to get from volunteering – Do you want to build new skills, enhance your CV or just have a chance to help and contribute to our cause?
- Think about what you can offer us – enthusiasm, work skills, life skills, or something more unique?
- Work out how much spare time you can sacrifice, and how many times a week or month you can give to your given tasks.
- Remember that every single individual can volunteer – whatever skills or experience you have, you should be able to find an opportunity that fits you.
- Ask questions, like “who will I be responsible to?”, “what support will I be given?” – don’t be shy about asking questions as you go through the process of applying for an opportunity.
And if you still can’t make up your mind, just try it! Often the most difficult part of volunteering is making the first move.